Thursday, December 08, 2011

Only one more day until vacation!  I can hardly wait!  (Maybe I won't - maybe I'll go home early today???  Probably not, but it's fun to think about.)  Work is finally caught up from the backlog of Thanksgiving/Justine leaving/the end of the month/first of the month.  What a nightmare!  Yesterday was the first day since the middle of last month that we actually cleared all the work out for the day - starting out with no holdovers for today - Woohoo!  I  may even go in late (for me) today.  I actually could have left at 5:00 yesterday - but - it figures - I had a rehearsal for the Christmas Party at 5:30.  The rehearsals are probably as much fun at the real entertainment is going to be.

I'm just hoping our act isn't too much of a disappointment compared to the other acts.  We are pretty slow and mellow - not much wild and crazy dancing.  Even the costumes are not too wild - okay, MY costume isn't wild and crazy.  Sonny is a bit wilder (oh, those shirts from the 70's!!)  My outfit is better than I thought it would be - I was worried that I would be wearing a revealing slinky dress, showing off my belly button - Cher at her finest.  Since I don't have the body she does, I was a bit worried about what I was going to be revealing.  The actual costume from the rental place is a pantsuit - whew!  I'll post pictures after the party.

The costume rental place was an adventure all of its own.  Picture a dark hole-in-the-wall store in a industrial type building - piles of shoes, clothes, wigs, accessories everywhere.  Add to that a proprietress dressed in a tank top, low slung, oversize bib overalls, with a cell phone ringing constantly, and the dressing room is just another room of clothes (and I worried that someone would walk in while I was changing - awkward!) As I said, it was an adventure all by itself.

No comments: