Monday, November 21, 2011

It was quite a weekend in Susanville - not the actual visit, but the drive to get there was a bit white.  On Friday, I ran several errands in town, and then picked Alli up from school at lunch.  On our way out of town, Mom called and said that Highway 44 was closed - a jack-knifed truck was blocking both lanes of traffic.  I wasn't very far out of town on Dersch, so I turned around, and headed down to Highway 36.  According to Road Conditions, it was clear when I left Red Bluff, but by the time I got to Mineral, it was R2 conditions.  The RAV is 4WD, and I have good tires, so I wasn't very worried.  We just drove really slowly (the car in front of us was driving a lot slower than really needed, but....then again, we had no issues!)  It took me almost 4 hours to get to Susanville.


The storm cleared up Friday night, and things were good - until another storm came through Saturday night.  I think there was 4-5 inches of snow at Mom's on Sunday.  Road Conditions had restrictions on all roads leading out, but around 11:00, they started easing them, so Alli and I left at 1:00 or so.  The roads were completely clear!  I don't think they were updating Road Conditions in a timely manner!  The road were only wet - no snow anywhere, and Susanville had more snow than anywhere else.  It figures!

No comments: