Saturday, November 12, 2011

I spent most of yesterday cleaning, and my house doesn't even show most of it!  I cleaned carpets yesterday, which does show, but the rest of it was just the normal cleaning, and a couple of hours later, you can't tell that I did anything.  Oh well - I know it was cleaned!  (The carpets do look much better! - my back doesn't feel that great, though!) 


I finished a few projects this week - don't ask me how.  I have meetings on Tuesday and Wednesday, and between them and the time change, I was pooped.  The first one was for a Yahoo group - he Traveling Hook is making its rounds again.  One hook is sent throughout the members.  When you get it, you make something with it and send it on to someone else.   Here is a picture of the one I received:



And here is the one that I made to send along:


I was trying for a 'autumn' feel - the colors and pattern reminded me of wheat.  I also finished up a huge doily for a co-worker.  She wanted a large lavender doily - and it is large!  It is about 25 inches, and it might have been larger if I had a larger blocking board.  Mine is only 24 inches, so I couldn't really stretch this one out as much as it could have been.


I also had a co-worker request some baby booties that were 'biker boots'.  I'm still not really happy with the buckle on these - I may try them again with a different approach, but they were fun to make.  I just sent her a picture this morning, and she said these were perfect, and the baby arrived last night, so I am just in time!

No comments: