Sunday, October 30, 2011

Whew!  I think I have every thing done.  Costume all gathered up? Check.  Bindle staff for spider?  Check.  Extra spider webs and decorations for the office?  Check.  Cookies made for Allison's class?  Check.  Sprinkles gathered up for Allison's class?  Check.  Cookies made for neighbors?  Check (and Ralph already delivered Jane's - AJ will take the others down in a few minutes.)  Bookmarks done?  Check.  Goody bags done for the office?  Check.  Pork done for the enchiladas?  Check.  Enchiladas done?  No, but I'll do them after dinner.  Dinner ready?  sort of - the meat is ready for Ralph to put on the BBQ, so I just need the side stuff.  Whew - my feet hurt!  My "cold" didn't get any worse, so I was able to get everything done.

Here are some of the cookies.  As you can tell, the kitchen was a mess after baking!  I made a double batch of sugar cookies - somewhere between 10-12 dozen cookies, and a batch of peanut butter cookies (upon request from both Ralph and AJ.)  AJ help be frost the sugar cookies, so that chore went faster than normal.




Rufus took advantage of the bedcover after it came out of the dryer - he was nice and snuggy warm!



Here are the cat bookmarks I made - they all turned out just a bit different - depending on how I finished up the tail.



Mom asked me to pick up some material for her at Joann's this weekend, and when I went to the cutting counter and took a number, my number was 96, and they were working on #75 or so.  I had quite a bit of time to wander around shopping until they could cut the material, and I found some more yarn,  (I know -what a surprise!)  I made it up in the flower scarf pattern, and it turned out pretty nice! The white is a different texture than the black, so it adds a bit of 'difference' to the scarf that I like.



We had a visitor the other day - and he stayed quite a while.  I don't think he was too scared of us.  (He was a pretty big lizard!)

No comments: