Monday, October 10, 2011

The rain is back.  We had a glorious weekend - sunny and warm - and....it's raining this morning.  At least we had the weekend.  (And it isn't cold and blustery - just raining!)

Alli is finally back to school today.  She missed most of last week.  She was definitely feeling better this weekend. She just has the remnants of the cold now, a bit of a runny nose and nasty sounding cough.  At least she isn't wheezing when she breathes.

Mom was down for the weekend, and I made her go shopping with me at Joanns.  She did find some material she wanted, and I picked up three new skeins of yarn.  I need more time in my day to play with all the yarn I already have, I did not need more.  Mom and I sat down last night and played with a pattern for a bookmark.  I was thinking of making a black cat book mark for my department for Halloween, and nothing out there is 'perfect'.  I found one that was close, but the instructions are a bit odd.  I think I can re-make the instructions, and it will be perfect.  Even AJ liked it, and wants one.  What a surprise!

I finished up some coasters this weekend - speaking of odd instructions!  They turned out cute, but....hard to follow the instructions.  I almost ran out of thread on one of them - I just had a little bit left!  


No comments: