Tuesday, October 11, 2011

It was "back to work" with a vengeance today.  Three day weekends are great, but you sure pay for them on Tuesday.  Luckily, I had a great weekend, so I managed to survive it.

Mom was down for the weekend, and I talked her into trying a new scarf pattern I had.  We sat around the kitchen table talking and waiting for the rain to stop on Monday morning so she didn't have to drive home in the rain (guess what - this is Redding, it didn't stop!), and she finished a scarf for me.  


The pattern is cool - a keyhole scarf, with the end tucked in through the 'keyhole' so it stays tucked in.  Cute!  While she was working on it, I worked up one that I had seen, but hadn't found a pattern for - a peppermint loop scarf.



It is about 60 inches long, and is pretty cute, if I do say so myself!  After Mom left for her rainy drive, I sat down all by myself in a quiet house, and watched a movie.  A real movie, all by myself.  Woohoo!  I don't remember the last time I did that.  I had bought Julie and Julia when it came out on DVD (a year ago??) but had never watched it, so.....I sat on the couch in the quiet and watched the movie.  I also (of course) crocheted while I was watching, and I completed most of this scarf - the same pattern that Mom used, just a different color thread.  


When Mom finished hers, she had almost no extra yarn left over, but somehow, I had a lot more in my skein left!  (I'm thinking that I must have used some of the yarn for a different project!)


I also finished up some coasters I was working on over the weekend, and almost ran out of thread for them, too.  I like using up all the little scraps of thread and yarn I have - my yarn/thread containers are growing - I need to use up what I have before I get more, but there are so many new corlors and textures of thread/yarn, I can't help myself!


No comments: