Thursday, October 06, 2011

Home with a sick kid again today.  Alli got over her stomach flu just in time to catch a cold.  At least it was just a cold - runny nose, congestions, slight fever, etc.  She is on the mend now, but I kept her home today, just in case.  Ralph picked her up from school on Monday, and stayed home with her yesterday - my turn today!  She was definitely cranky last night, so I don't think she was completely well.  One more day should do it though!

Just when I thought work might be settling down after the end of the month/first of the month and our move, I'm out for the day, and someone else was feeling ill yesterday.  I'm hoping we don't get an epidemic in the department - the move put us in closer quarters than we were before, so the sharing of cold germs will be ever so much easier now.  We did get everything re-organized in the office, I think, after the move, so now we can start focusing on the work load.  We got a nice gift card from management yesterday in recognition of the work that went into the end of the month last week.  We funded over $38 million in loans in one week!  We were busy!  Add to that the move and my stomach flu, wow!  No wonder I'm tired!

I took in a bunch of my 'extra' doilies to work this week.  My box of finished projects was getting full.  Most of them found a new home, and I have a couple of requests for 'custom' doilies.  One co-worker wants a larger doily in lavender, and one wants some in red for Christmas.  I e-mailed some pictures in of some larger doily patterns that I had, so I have a pattern to work with now, I just have to make sure I have lavender thread!

No comments: