Sunday, October 23, 2011

Finally - a family reunion of sorts.  We were supposed to get a reunion going this summer with the family in Sacramento, but we could never get it quite together.  So instead, Mom and I went to Sacramento for a 50-year anniversary party Friday night, and met up with them there.  The relationship?  Guy, Jewell and Alba were siblings.  Alba was my Dad's mom, Uncle Jewell was the father of Rebecca, Mary and Micheal, and Uncle Guy was the father of Tommie.  (I'll have my Mom verify that I have this correct - family relationships confuse me - you're related to me how???)  My Mom spent time with the families when she was teaching in Floyd (Dad's home town) and then semi-followed them to California.  (They found a teaching job for her here, and she moved out to Crescent City area, went back on a quick trip, got married, and Dad followed her out.)  When Mom was teaching in Floyd, some of the 'cousins' were in her class.


Mom and Mike


Just Mike


Tommie  (who probably goes by Tom in the real world - Mom has always referred to him as Tommie)


The lady in Red and the gentleman to the right in the light shirt are Peggy and Ty - 
the couple that celebrated their 50 year anniversary.

The trip was fun, but tiring.  We drove down and back in the same day, and the party was at 7:00 p.m..  As usual, we closed the place down and didn't leave there until after 10:00 p.m., which made for a long day (I was up at 4:45  a.m. Friday morning with Allison - and got in bed close to 1:30 a.m. Saturday - long day!)  I also had an impromptu lunch on Friday with some girls friends -fun!  Veronica was in from Paradise for Inventory at Rexel, so she and her sister Meredith and I met for lunch.  Friday was a pretty busy day!  I made up for it on Saturday - I asked Ralph to get up with Allison and slept in a bit, and took a nap in the afternoon.  Another lovely day!

No comments: