Saturday, September 17, 2011

I feel like I've neglected my blog tremendously lately!  I keep waiting for the 'right' time to blog, and the days are passing in a blur.  Every time I think things might be slowing down, they speed back up again.  I think the home life is slowing down again - no company coming this weekend (that I know of) so I can just do the basic cleaning, though Ralph did mention inviting some people over - he just didn't mention a date.  Work slowed down for a second and then picked up momentum again.  I lost one person on the 9th to retirement, and then on the 13th, it was decided to physically  move my department.

We aren't going far - just to the opposite side of the building, but....it is still a move.  It is actually a swap between my department and the Payroll department - which means two sets of people carrying boxes, etc. around next Friday.  We will be bumping in to each other all day!  Not only boxes, but reprogramming the fax machines and copier/printers, moving the computers around (Payroll is on a different system than LAS, so they have different computers - we can't just leave our computers for them and they leave theirs for us).  Almost any other department, we could just swap computers.  The worst part - I have to clean out all the old crap in my desk, etc.  I have old manuals around to need to be shredded, old everything that needs to be cleaned up.  Not just me, but in the department, too.  Next week will be clearance time, I think.  I hate moving!

On the home front, things seem to be settling down.  AJ is taking to college life pretty well.  He has met a few new friends (a couple of them are even girls!) and sees some of his old classmates there as well.  His best friend is off to Santa Barbara for college today - I know AJ will be missing him.

Alli seems to be taking to the new school well.  I get a lot of updates from the teacher, which is nice.  She is trying to find a way to get Allison to eat nicely in public, and hasn't had a lot of luck.  I'm changing what I send for her lunch, so maybe that will help.  I'm also trying to get transportation back in line.  Starting Tuesday, she will be getting on the bus at 6:00 a.m. for an hour and a half ride to school (school starts at 7:40 and ends at 2:30), and then gets on the bus for an almost 2 hour ride home - she gets off at 4:20.  I think 3 1/2 hours a day on a bus are a bit much for her. That's a 10 1/2 hour day!  She is exhausted and cranky by the time she gets to daycare, which isn't good for the bus driver or for Daycare.  If they dropped her off at home, it would only save a few minutes - the bus driver estimated having her here around 4:00.  Hopefully we can come up with something before Alli starts hating to ride the bus - that would not be pretty at all!

No comments: