Tuesday, August 02, 2011

We did it!  we made it through AJ's Court of Honor!  I was lucky enough to have a friend take pictures for me.  The building was fairly dark inside, which made the pictures not the best, but it's not the fault of the photographer!


The cake had it's own saga.  I ordered it two weeks before, and was to pick it up at 10:00 on Saturday.  While I was on my way in to town at 8:30 to do my normal Saturday shopping, I got a call from Raley's.  They couldn't find the picture I wanted on the cake, but they did have something close, but it did have GS on top - maybe for Girl Scouts???  Probably not going to work?  No, probably not.  They said that if I had an emblem or something I could bring in, they could us it instead.  So....one quick phone call to the house later, Ralph was on his way in to town with a Eagle Scout emblem.  They made the cake up while he waited, and he paid for it, and happily left the store.  They chased him down outside.  They had put the emblem on the wrong cake.  I had ordered a marble cake, and they had put it on a carrot cake.  Back he went to the store, waited for a new cake to be made, and home with the cake.  It turned out very pretty, and very tasty!


AJ did a candle ceremony - the small candles on the left represent the scout oath, the red candles in the middle are the ranks in scouting, and the three white represent the scout law.  Unfortunately, we needed one more candle - the spirit of scouting - that was supposed to be lit before we started.  But....no one told me, and I had AJ and Conner check on the number of candles I needed several times!  Oh well - they worked around it!


We made up a couple of presentation boards with AJ' patches and some photos, etc. We also drug out his old derby cars, and this Arrow of Light from Cub Scouts.


Alli enjoyed waiting - she got to spin!


The Eagle Scout emblem - quite large!


This is the Eagle Board - all the scouts that got their Eagle out of Troop 122 are listed on it.  AJ got to add his own plaque to it.


Alli - still enjoying the day!



No comments: