Saturday, August 27, 2011

Here it is, Saturday morning, and I thought I'd be able to sleep in a bit - I guess I did, sort of - Alli woke up at 5:35 - the same time I have been getting her up for the last two weeks.  I got to sleep in from 5:00 to 5:35!  She sure adjusted to the routine of school quickly.

Alli seems to be well liked at school.  Ralph picked her up from school early yesterday (she had a brace fitting) and got to meet the teacher and a couple of the aides.  They all said really nice things about her.  On Thursday, a co-worker was at the school for a promotion we are working for teenagers, and she took the opportunity to 'spy' on the aides and teachers, since they didn't know her.  She was really impressed with how nice they all were and how patient they were with her.  I didn't expect anything less, but I've met them all before, and have been 'in the system' for a long time.  The people that work with these kids are awesome!

I have a three-day weekend this weekend.  It was supposed to be the full week off, but I didn't have any real plans, so cancelled most of the week off, and am just taking Monday and Friday off.  I have a long list of things to get done - I always do - but I don't know how many of them will actually get done.  It is just so much more fun to laze around!

No comments: