Sunday, August 07, 2011

Finally!  After 12 years, I have a fan over the kitchen table!  And it's a beautiful fan - and it works so nicely too!


I finished up a few projects yesterday - after I ran around like a mad woman cleaning, I took the afternoon off and crocheted.  I finished a doily I had started - called 'On Vacation".  The last row was all picots - and as much as I like my cat (named Picot) I don't like making them.  So.....I improvised.  I threaded some beads and used them instead on the last row of the doily.  It added a nice touch, I think!



Then, since I still had the thread out (a light violet) I made a snowflake!.  A Yahoo group  that I belong to is making snowflakes, and this is the first in the bunch.  I think I am going to make these all in color, just to be different.  I have made literally hundreds of white snowflakes in the past - this will add some 'fun' back to them!

 

We had a swim guest last week - a huge bullfrog.  I don't mind sharing, but I worry about the chlorine on the frog!  AJ very kindly fished him out (he didn't want to swim with him!) and put him back in the bushes.  We're hoping he stays there!




I think Alli's teenage hormone are kicking in.  She was all mad at me about something - I don't know what it was, either!  She was growling and crying - and I couldn't figure anything out, so I just left her alone.  When I came back, she had pulled all of my projects out of my knitting bag and scattered them.  Yes, she was mad at me about something - I just wish she would tell me what it is!

No comments: