Tuesday, July 12, 2011

I'll be glad when I get through the month of July!  Sunday afternoon, I had an organizational meeting with AJ for his Court of Honor - outlining what his ideas were, what needed to happen, and who was going to be working on it.  I spent my lunch hour yesterday running around, and foresee more running around in my future!  AJ and I went in to town after dinner last night and picked up paper, toner, and envelopes for his invitations.  He was supposed to have the invitation all set up on the computer by the time I got home from work, but....you know how that goes.  "I didn't know what you wanted."  Really.  Really and truly?  I sent him back to the computer (no games this time, so it wasn't fun!) and had him finish up his ideas.  Then I went back and added things I thought were needed, and then we 'polished' it together.  We got them done, and a few printed up.

Tonight is the last scout meeting before his Court (they are off for a two week tour/summer camp) so he needs to distribute the invitations tonight.  I think we made it!  All he needs to do now is put names on them.  I'm dropping off film negatives at Walmart today to get them turned in to digital images.  I went digital in 2006, but everything before that (cub scout days) are in negatives.  I should get those back in time to add to a slide show of his history in scouting.  That may just be playing on his laptop, because I'm not sure I have access to a screen and projector.  Oh well, it will work!

This weekend is major cleaning, because next Wednesday and next Saturday, I am expecting guests.  Wednesday is my book club meeting (BBQ hamburgers and a swim in the pool - should be fun!) and Saturday is a small family reunion (I think - I haven't heard yet if anyone is actually coming!)  The following weekend will be AJ's Court of Honor.  As I said, I'll be glad when July is finished - It's all fun, don't get me wrong, but....it's awful busy too!

No comments: