Sunday, July 03, 2011

I need to figure out how to either not stay up late reading (like to 1:00 a.m.!), or when I do, how to sleep in.  My internal clock went off at 5:15 this morning - not...enough....sleep!  But, I'm awake now, and can't go back to sleep.  Maybe a nap this afternoon?

Yesterday/last night was fun - When I went grocery shopping last week, I picked up a large pork roast, intending to cook it early in the week, and then use the left over throughout the week for different meals.  Didn't happen.  I realized Friday night I had a 5.25 pound pork roast I needed to cook soon, and there was no way we would eat all of it.  So... impromptu party!  Ralph called Larry and Pat, and they agreed to come over, and I called Meredith to see if they wanted to come over.  "Sure" she said, but...her parents were visiting, could they come too?  Of course.  And.....Emma's friend that's a boy (Meredith just can't say the word 'boyfriend' when talking about her little girl - who is almost 17 now) is with them too, can he come?  Sure, why not!  Counting Dallas, we had 13 people here for dinner last night.  Ralph did an excellent job on the meat, and the 'kids' played in the pool most of the evening.  I think we need to add two inches of water to the pool today - they had a cannonball contest.  Four teenagers in the pool sure make it look small.  I can't believe how grown up the 'kids' are!

Ralph did hear back on his MRI of his knee - he has a benign tumor.  He goes back to see the doctor in a couple of weeks.  He sees the cardiologist for a stress echo test on Tuesday - the same cardiologist AJ uses.  We're having some fun now!  One of these days, we will all be healthy at the same time!

No comments: