Sunday, June 19, 2011

Today's the last day of my vacation, and - of course - I didn't get nearly everything done I wanted to.  But!  I have a good excuse this time, really!  I got sick - Bummer!  I hate wasting vacation time being sick.  I went down Friday, and am clawing my way back up today - forcing myself to 'get busy'.  I felt so bad on Friday I did nothing but sleep (okay, I did force myself to go out in the afternoon for a quick shopping trip to the outlets and Walmart to grab something for dinner).  I spent most of yesterday just puttering around.  I napped on the couch when I came in from grocery shopping!  I don't think I have ever done that before.  It wasn't even a long shopping trip, but it wore me out.   I did, just for kicks, turn on my pedometer while we were in the store, and Alli and I walked a little over a mile in the stores.  I've often wondered how much I do walk when shopping - especially since our Walmart became a superstore.  One of these days I want to put a pedometer on Alli to see how many 'step' she takes during a day, what with all her spinning.

AJ and Dallas went out to Whiskeytown yesterday to go sailing.  One of AJ's leaders does the Sailing Merit Badge for scouts, and he took a troop up yesterday to go sailing.  AJ loves it!  He's quite happy he doesn't have to do the paperwork side of the merit badge anymore - he just gets to go up and go sailing and make sure none of the kids drown.  Next weekend, he is going up again with our troop.  This was the first time Dallas had been sailing and I think he enjoyed it too.

No comments: