Wednesday, June 15, 2011

I took the boys and the dogs for a hike yesterday - up to Whiskeytown Falls. I think the small amount of working out I'm doing is working - it was a much easier hike this year! Woohoo! It isn't that long a hike - 1.7 miles one way I think. Of course, coming back down is much easier (and faster) than going up! I need to get serious about adding hills to my 'routine' if I'm going to make it up Lassen this year. Then again, the way it's going, there will still be snow on Lassen at the end of summer, and we won't be able to hike it.


The boys took a break waiting for me to catch up.



Up at the falls



From the top of the falls



I got a bit more accomplished on my to-do list. I know I won't get everything done on it (impossible!) but it is nice getting a few things off of it. I also ate a nice salad on the back patio after our hike yesterday, and read my book - that's the way to spend a vacation day! I did skip out of the gym yesterday - I think the hike was enough for one day!

No comments: