Sunday, May 22, 2011

Ralph and I went to a beautiful wedding yesterday - and both decided that AJ will need to elope when he gets married. The bride's father has been a friend of Ralph's since kindergarten, and as we walked in to the reception, I got roped in to helping in the kitchen - friend do what friends need to do! I'd rather be helping out anyway, and the kitchen crew were all old friends (which is why I got pulled in) and we had a nice visit while I was building a meat and cheese tray. I was released very shortly, and got to visit with everyone and thoroughly enjoyed it! AJ babysat his sister for us - and everyone was still okay when we got home!

Just as I was getting in from the wedding yesterday, Mom called - she and Ronna were almost to Searcy, Arkansas. They left my house Friday afternoon and drove to Woodland, where they got a hotel and then flew out of Sacramento at dark-thirty (Okay, 6:30 a.m., I think??) to St. Louis, and then were driving to Searcy. She said she had a flat butt - and I think she is probably right - traveling for 13 hours is a lot of sitting! They are off on a two week adventure. Mom's 60th (I think??) class reunion is next weekend. I just checked the weather, and it looks like they are in for rain for this next week, and then clearing up the weekend. I hope they have fun!

When I pulled up weather.com, the first thing I saw were warnings of tornadoes moving across the Midwest. One of the ladies in my department left for Kansas on Saturday! Hopefully she can stay out of them - we'd like her back in one piece!

No comments: