Monday, May 02, 2011

Happy Monday! I still feel like I could use a few more days off. I worked with my pictures and got some ready to post. I didn't take as many as I thought I would have - I really only had a couple of hours free during daylight (that wasn't under a tornado watch at least) The weather was so drastic - when we go off the plane, the TV monitors were running tornado watches, and when we left, it was beautiful and sunny. These were photos from my hotel window on Wednesday.





And this was Thursday:


And this was Friday:


Some of the older buildings in the area:



The old state capital was just across the street from our hotel.


The Ryman



What a difference!


Night life in Nashville on music row.


The same place in the daytime - we stopped at Tootsies for some drinks and dancing on Wednesday night. I walked down after sessions Thursday with a co-worker. He had to go back for a meeting, so I wandered around a bit on my own, but not for long. The pan-handlers were everywhere, and obviously saw me as an easy mark. And when I stopped to take a picture, some of the obvious locals made a comment about 'my kind' ruining Nashville! I almost said something along the lines of "we say the same things about you when you come to California" but just smiled at them instead.

The hotel was beautiful - the Sheraton Downtown. The entire center is open to somewhere around the 24th floor, and the elevators are glass.


Looking down from the 17th floor while waiting for an elevator.



The revolving door at the entrance - huge!

No comments: