Saturday, March 19, 2011

Whew! I made it through the week! Then, instead of going to bed early and catching up on sleep - I stayed up past midnight reading. I did sleep in a little bit this morning (7:00) but not enough to catch up with the sleep I've lost this week.

One of my co-workers had a baby boy last week - 2 months premature. I had plans of making a afghan for him, but....that didn't get done yet. I did make up a pair of baby cowboy booties (the dad is from Texas) for the little tyke. I think they were a hit - Dad said I was making his allergies act up, sniff, sniff! (Quite an admission from a tough Texan!) Little Robert is doing fine, but is still in the hospital.

I tired out my new pattern for baby booties and am disappointed with the first pattern I made. They would be cute decorations, but they are nowhere near the right shape for a baby's foot. I'll try a couple more pattern before I toss it though. They have a couple of cute-looking boy booties - those are harder to find than cute little girl booties. Babies are breaking out all over at the bank right now, too. I have an order right now for booties for two grand-babies - and I have three sets done - one more to go. I have an afghan started for a baby shower in a couple of weeks for a co-worker, and I found out yesterday there is a new baby expected in August from yet another co-worker. Wow!

No comments: