Sunday, March 27, 2011

I was all excited when I got up this morning - no rain! Then I checked the forecast - 80% chance of rain today. Sounds like we are just in between rain clouds right now. There is hope, though - we are supposed to be sunny and hot (79 degrees!) on Thursday! As much as I love the thought of sunny warm weather, going from this to that will probably throw my system into shock. I'll take it though - we need some sunshine around here!

We had our first book club meeting a couple of weeks ago - a fun time! As usual, I was running late, and then....got stopped at a sobriety checkpoint on the way to the meeting. Good thing it was before the meeting! (We were good - we all ate and had one glass of wine - no DUI's for us!) The book we read was "A Time Traveler's Wife" - a very odd book that left lots of questions (I hated the ending!) The book for the next meeting (in May) is "The Art of Racing in the Rain". I finished it in one night - that's how good it was! I gave it to Ralph to read. The story is told from the dog's perspective, so I knew it was going to be sad - the dogs always die! Even with that, it was a very good book - I can hardly wait until May now! Since our last meeting was the day before St. Patrick's Day, I made up some three-leaf clover bookmarks - and then forgot to take pictures of them! This time, I am making flower/flower pot bookmarks. I made the flower and the flower pot last night, now I just need to make the connecting stem. I made one as a test, just like the pattern, and the others are slightly modified. Here's my test bookmark - I'll post pictures of the finished ones later (I hope!)


I'm up for hosting the July meeting - they want to swim in the pool. That means I really need to get the yard and pool cleaned up! We are having a family reunion here this summer, so I already had Ralph started on getting the yard in shape, but I think it will take more than one summer to do that! We've neglected it for too long, but it now has weed-and-feed on it and grass seeds, unless they were washed away in this last series of storms. We'll see! I think the weed-and-feed is working - we have yellowish plants in the yard, and with all this rain, they should all be bright green!

Rufus was playing with the other kittens - caught in the act! He usually doesn't play with them!

No comments: