Saturday, March 05, 2011

I did something last night I haven't done in ages - stayed up till midnight to finish a book And then I wished I hadn't, because the ending was so sad - I wanted to change it. That makes for very odd dreams!

The book I just had to finish last night is "A Time Traveler's Wife" and I started reading it for "just a few minutes" before I went to bed, and....I just had to keep reading! This is a book I picked up for a recently formed book club. I've never joined a book club before, and never worried too much about a book except whether of not I liked it. This could be a fun event, and it is only every other month, so I have lots of time to read the book! (So why did I stay up till midnight to finish it????)

I had a houseful of guests last night for dinner - Conner is here with AJ, and then a couple of friends stopped by for dinner and dessert. Patti, Kimberly and I were supposed to go to a Comedy Night last night, but that didn't work out, so they came over for steaks and cheesecake. Not only cheesecake, but I made the flour-less chocolate cake again - much better this time. Yummmm! Good food and good friends make for a good evening!

No comments: