Sunday, February 27, 2011


We have been invaded by robins! I don't remember ever seeing this many birds at one time before. There are flocks and flocks of them in the neighborhood. These are just a few of them - the picture is taken from inside (and I really need to wash my windows) but if I went outside, they flew away. They are in the front yard and the back yard, the neighbor's yard - everywhere!

And....I finished my afghan last night! It was to late to take pictures of it, so I will get some today with some good lighting, I hope! I am so happy it is done! I love it, but....I forgot how long it takes to finish it, and started it too late. Next time, if there is one, I will start sooner!

Yesterday was a fun and busy day. I went to the All About Women's Fair in Anderson, and made tri-tip sandwiches for a few hours. The Scouts usually head up a booth selling donuts and coffee in the morning, and sandwiches at lunch. The scouts were all up playing in the snow yesterday (the Klondike - a regional competition of snow activities was at Eskimo Hill yesterday) so there were just three adults and two scouts there - not nearly enough! Two of the adults (me included) don't have scouts anymore, we were there because we are adult leaders, and there was no one else to do it. It was busy, but fun, We sold somewhere around 120 sandwiches in a little over an hour, I think. Two adult leaders were out BBQing the tri-tip, and the scouts ran around the vendors (around 85 of them) and took orders, since they can't leave their booths, and then lunch for the people just visiting the Fair. I walked around the Fair after I finished serving lunch, and there was a lot there - but I kept my wallet closed and escaped without adding to my jewelry collection - amazing!

No comments: