Monday, February 21, 2011

Still no afghan done! I way underestimated the time needed to finish it. I got the giraffes put together and their spots on, and that took several hours. I'm ready to sew them on now, and then make the clouds and sew them on. Maybe today? I sure hope so - the baby will be a year old pretty soon! (Yes, I'm exaggerating - but he is almost one month old - time is flying!) I thought the worst part was making the afghan, but it turns out it is sewing everything on! It will be worth it though - it is so cute!

I have today off for President's Day, and no big plans. I had plans, but...it is raining (again!) I'm not too disappointed though - my plans included spraying for weeds around the house - not something I was looking forward to, but something that needs to happen and soon. Ralph mixed up the weedkiller last night for me, and I was going to spray today, but this morning it was raining. Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny, so...I guess I'll be spraying on Tuesday! Not only do I need to spray for weeds, I need to get my garden area going too. I was really hoping for some pretty weather this weekend! I guess I will be stuck inside re-organizing and cleaning something. I've actually done pretty good this weekend - I've cleaned up a few areas that needed some attention - cupboards, crafting areas, etc. My closet is on the list for today.

Yesterday morning was sunny but cold, and then the clouds came in and it was cloudy and cold! The dogs and I took another walk, and we could almost cross the creek. Maybe today? It depends on how much rain we actually are getting, I suppose. The dogs don't mind the short walk, since they get to play in the water longer, but I would like to get a good long walk in. That was tentatively on my schedule for Tuesday - a walk up on the River Trail, but it looks like I will be spraying instead.

No comments: