Saturday, February 19, 2011

I just checked the traffic cameras, and I don't think I'm going to Susanville today! Shingletown still isn't plowed, much less the really snowy parts. Bogard doesn't look like anyone has driven by all night. Maybe later in the weekend?? We'll see! I guess that means I'll be spending my weekend cleaning and organizing - I'd rather go to Susanville!

AJ seems to be recovering from his latest cold/flu battle. He was still throwing up occasionally Thursday night, but seemed much better yesterday. He actually ate dinner instead of chicken soup (Campbell's chicken soup is the only thing he wants to eat when he's sick!) He didn't eat a lot, but he ate some at least. I'm hoping no one else gets it! Ralph is very susceptible to germs.

I sold another scarf yesterday! We had a casual day at work, and I wore my black button scarf, and got an order for one just like it, only with silver buttons, or maybe crystal buttons, or..... I told her I would make the scarf, and bring in samples of buttons so she could choose which ones she wanted. Someone else was wearing a flower scarf that I had made, and I have to admit - it looked good!

My yarn addiction was even put to good use at the bank! We had a dress down day because they were having an 'internal celebration' and they had balloons and snacks, etc. set up. One of the balloon bundles drifted away during our 'celebration' and was floating up on the ceiling. The problem - we have very sensitive motion detectors at the bank - the balloons would set it off when they ran out of helium and started sinking - which of course would probably be somewhere in the middle of the night! One of the guys borrowed a ball of cotton yarn from my stash in the car and tossed it between the balloon strings to bring it down. It wouldn't have worked if it wasn't a bunch of balloons, but he managed to bring it down on the first try! He was comical to watch as he tried to roll the yarn back up after retrieving the balloons. I now need to re-wind the whole ball, but at least I'm not getting the call at 3:00 a.m. to respond to the alarm at the bank!

No comments: