Monday, December 13, 2010

I always thought walking was supposed to be healthy. It probably is if you manage to stay on your feet! AJ and I took the dogs for a walk yesterday back in the fields, and I managed to take a tumble. I had a little help, I must admit! There is a camper parked by the creek in the area we usually cross, and there was some activity around it, so we put the dogs on the leads, just to keep them out of trouble. After we crossed the creek (and I didn't even get my feet wet!) we were still separated from the road by a large puddle. I decided to walk around...the best choice, personally, due to the mud and slippery rocks all around. AJ decided to jump across, and handed me Jasper's lead. I'm sure you can see what happened next. Unfortunately, I wasn't thinking that fast! The dogs were walking nicely with me, and AJ took off on a long leap. And so did Jasper. She lunged so suddenly I didn't even think about turning loose of the lead! She pulled me sideways, and I managed to keep my balance for a couple of steps, but....down I went! I think the only thing I bruised seriously was my pride. I landed on a rock with my upper arm, and luckily that was the only bruising I got. If it hadn't been muddy, it might have been a harder landing. Good thing I bounce! I expected to be a bit sore this morning, but - I'm fine! Whew!

AJ decided not to have another work day for his Eagle Project. Instead, he is depending on friends and family to finish it up. After our walk yesterday (and after I changed out of my muddy clothes!) he and I loaded a bunch of rocks in the back of the truck. He put them in the plastic boxes I use for my yarn and Christmas ornaments. Since the house is all decorated, the boxes were just sitting there empty.....We loaded 9 of them - all the truck would hold - with rocks and he is taking them to school today. After school, he is coercing several (I hope) friends to unload them with him. It will take much less time to unload the rocks than it did to load them. He will probably need two more loads of rocks moved in - we'll see. That means I will be loading more rocks tonight when he gets in from school. No need for a workout for me today!

No comments: