Sunday, November 28, 2010

A quiet moment at my house - that has been hard to come by in the last 24 hours or so! It's amazing how much noise 16 people and a few dogs and cats can make! It's a lovely noise though! It was a fun and busy day - dinner was marvelous - thanks to all those that brought part of it! Ralph's turkey was very moist and flavorful - he used Alton Brown's turkey brine recipe from Foodnetwork.com - very tasty! I am NOT going to weigh myself today - or probably tomorrow. I need time to get back into 'normal' eating mode. I have been snacking too much lately! All the lovely appetizers! Back to regular meals, really!

My cats will be happy when everyone goes home. Indy hid all day yesterday, and finally came out late in the evening. He's still a little jumpy - he doesn't like strangers. Since we just had him neutered, we were teasing Ronna and Susan (who stopped by for dessert) that it was because he could tell they were Veterinarians! Picot wasn't shy at all, even with Jeff's dog. She spent a lot of time running from it, but only fast enough to stay ahead - it didn't scare her! (Of course, she's almost as big as the dog!) Rufus left when Jeff and family showed up - all I saw was an orange streak down the hallway. He stayed in my room until they left and it calmed down. They all seem to be enjoying the quiet this morning too.

No comments: