Sunday, November 21, 2010

I made a huge misjudgment yesterday! Allison was sleeping in, so I didn't wake her up. By the time she did get up, ate breakfast, showered, etc. It was too late to run my grocery shopping errands before my Trustee's meeting, so...I went to the store after the meeting. Horrors! Never again! It was awful! Where did all these people come from? Have they never shopped before? Don't they know better than to block the aisle while they try to decide what brand to buy? Come on guys - it's ugly enough in here - play nice! I will say that the crew working were great - very up beat and cheerful - much better than me! It didn't help that Allison's pants decided to fall down repeatedly in the store. I don't know if it was her bebopping that was doing it or just the fact that her cast is smooth, so they just slip down, but...she mooned several people during our trip. I expected it to be busy, but I thought I would still beat the rush. Not!

Today is AJ's first workday for his Eagle Project. We have gotten 0.7 inches of rain in this storm, and he is digging out dirt today from the garden area. It is also 41 degrees outside, and not expected to get a lot warmer. I think Allison and I are staying home, or running errands as needed. I need to feed the helpers today, but...first we have to see how many actually come out. As of this morning, only one scout has RSVP'ed that he is coming. The neighbors are coming, and even better, bringing equipment. Dallas and his brother are working, and their Dad has a trailer to haul off the dirt for us - wonderful! Some of the scout adults said they will be there, but....no kids. That's what happens when you do it on a Sunday, and during school vacation! Oh well - he has until January 6th at 5:00 p.m. - no need to panic yet!

I started a flower scarf/hat set for a co-worker and took it in to show her the progress on Friday, and got 10 orders for scarves! One lady even went out at her lunch and got the yarn for 6 scarves - I'm behind and haven't even started yet! I worked on gloves last night - I have a dozen ready to go and about that many knitted scarves. I will set up the Bazaar after Thanksgiving, so I need something to put up. The flower scarf seems to be all the rage, and I to make up several and include a sign that I will make custom orders, too. They don't take as much time or yarn as the knitted scarves to make, but with beads on the fringe, the cost of materials is higher. I would rather sit and crochet at night than knit, so it will all work out, I think! I can't help myself - I keep picking up more yarn saying -" oooh - this is pretty!" I have to gt rid of it all somehow!

No comments: