Monday, October 25, 2010

I thought we were getting a lot of rain with this storm, and then a friend of Facebook posted they got over 7 inches of rain in 24 hours! We only got 3.7 inches in the whole storm! Wow! I think she lives in the Guerneville area - that's a lot of rain!

I did finish up the book marks I needed for work - I think they turned out very cute! Here are four of them blocking, and then after they blocked. I think the webflake design is much more what I wanted than the original pattern I found - at least for the web part. The spider is perfect from the first pattern, so....combination time!



After the storm passed last night, we had a beautiful sunset!



Busy morning this morning! Alli needs to drop by the Orthotics place and have her brace checked - sometime before 8:00. I have a meeting at work at 8:15 that I am supposed to be leading. We have a mandatory 'Monday Morning Huddle" with the entire staff that is supposed to something along the lines of "energizing, inspirational, etc." but there aren't any rules. Each Monday, it is a different department chairing the meeting, and this Monday is my department's turn. One of the items we have been working on in the department is attitude, and how a little change can make a big difference, so....we are rolling that out to everyone. I found a bunch of 'attitude' quotes on-line and printed them out. On Friday, we stapled a quote to a piece of candy, put them in plastic pumpkins, and are ready - the theme - a change in attitude can turn a trick into a treat. Wish us luck. If I don't make it by the work by 8:15, I may be in trouble! Actually, I have a replacement set up, just in case! Then....I have a dentist appointment at 9:00 myself. What a morning! If I make it till noon, I'll be happy!

No comments: