Saturday, October 09, 2010

I got the rest of my birthday present yesterday - Ralph had a friend of ours come in and clean the house for me! She did a great job, and I am a happy camper! I spent most of the morning picking up, straightening up, organizing, etc. so the house is looking pretty good! I did tell my friend not to vacuum as that was AJ's job (and she was running late) so that still has to happen, but otherwise - a clean house! (It is no longer a picked-up and straightened-up house, but...oh well!)

Mom came down for a visit this weekend. The original plan called for a visit to Crescent City with Ronna, but...the best laid plans! Ronna's computer system at work crashed, so she was trying to get it running over the weekend, and the person Mom wanted to visit in Crescent City had plans to be out of town. We'll go some other time! Mom was late (or later than originally planned) herself. She had a pellet stove installed on Thursday, and they were still working on it on Friday, so she didn't get out of Susanville when she thought she would. But, the stove is all installed, and working! No more bark and wood ships in the house! Even better, it runs on a thermostat, so she can now get up to a warm house, and doesn't have to wade through the snow to get wood to start a fire!

No comments: