Monday, October 11, 2010

I did more shopping this weekend than I have in a long time! Mom wanted a new canister set (how hard could that be???) so we started down at the outlets. We finished up at the top of Hilltop in Redding! In between was the mall and Target. She did get some really cool canisters at Bed, Bath and Beyond. Penney's had the same thing, but didn't have one of the sizes she wanted, and, BBB had it cheaper! That was our Saturday shopping (besides my normal Walmart, Foodmax, etc.) Sunday, we went shoe shopping for Mom. Needless to say, I found two pairs, and she didn't find any! I don't think she really expected to find what she wanted, since she had a specific shoe she was looking for, and Penney's didn't have it in her size. She can order it, which is what she usually has to do anyway.

I also got a project finished the easy way this weekend. In March, 2009, I made a hat for a friend's daughter. She recently told Mom that someone stole her hat, and asked if I could make her another one. No problem, except....what pattern did I use to make it originally? After digging through my files of patterns, I found what I think was the hat I made - a combination of two different patterns. Then, off to find yarn (I couldn't find what I used last year - a wool blend in camouflage, but Red Heart had one in the right colors, just not in wool). The best part?? After I got it started, Mom took over and finished it! I meant to get a picture of her finished project and compare, but I forgot. Here is a picture of the original on Allison:

No comments: