Friday, September 17, 2010

It's going to be a long day, and it isn't even 6:00 a.m. yet! Alli woke up around 3:30 this morning. I put her back to bed, tucked her in, and went back to bed myself. Needless to say, tucking Alli in and telling her to go back to sleep didn't do a thing! She was awake, and didn't want to go back to sleep. We tried it a few times, but since I was getting up, the cats and dogs decided it was morning too, so....I gave up and got up. I've balanced the check book, paid some bills, cleaned some stuff, etc., and it isn't even time to get ready for work. Oh well.

It's been a long week anyway. Monday, AJ had his first league soccer game. He still can't play, but he helps the other players warm up and helps the coach. They lost 4-2 (and they scored one goal against themselves - not their best game!) Tuesday, one more soccer game, (again, a loss, but they played better!) and then scouts. AJ finally gave his presentation to the parents for his Eagle Project! He has some more work to do on it, and then re-present it next Thursday to the adult leaders. Then, it will be ready to present to the Eagle Board for approval. (Then, he can actually start the project!) I also had to bake a cake (carrot cake!) for a birthday at work on Wednesday morning. After work on Wednesday, I had a CPR class from 6:00 to 10:00. I'm tired! And today starts the U-Prep annual soccer tournament. AJ has a game at 3:00 and 8:00, I think, and then tomorrow I have a Trustee's meeting for the church at 10:00, and then directly to U-Prep to work in the snack bar until 2:00. We won't know when AJ's team plays on Saturday until after the game tonight, so he made need to be there bright and early Saturday morning for a game, too. I'm even more tired just thinking about it! I keep reminding myself that this is the last year for high school soccer, and he is taking his driver's test next month, so I may not have to do as much running around. (Notice I said 'may'! I do like watching the games, so I will still be going to them, and still going to scouts and so on, so it may not slow down for a while yet!)

No comments: