Sunday, August 01, 2010

I've been walking the dogs after dinner, and the light has been fabulous! I think it might be because of fires in the area, but still, the light is gorgeous. They were running tankers yesterday to a fire off of Dersch by Bear Creek - relatively close to us.



I know we always have geese flying morning and evening, but it still seems odd to see and hear geese flying in formation in July! It reminds me that summer will be coming to a close - faster than I want it to.



We got a call from AJ last night. Jamboree had their "Extravaganza" last night - Lights Across America. It was broadcast on the BYU channel, and I appreciated the chance to see it. AJ wasn't quite as impressed. I heard two different numbers about the evening - over 50,000 scouts and over 100,000 people. And, any time you try to bring in music that will appeal to 'everyone' you are doomed to fail. AJ sent me a couple of texts expressing his disdain of the first two music acts. The last one, "Switchfoot", was one of his favorite bands, so he was happy about that one. The organizers also upset the Western Division - it was "Lights Across America" and they had TV crews at several locations across the nation, but the furthest west they came was South Dakota. Nothing from the west coast, and three from the east coast. I did record the event, since it was over two hours long, and I fixed dinner in between. Otherwise, AJ is having a good time. He isn't getting a lot of sleep, but he seems to be feeling okay.

This is a picture from earlier in the week:




This is from the 'Extravaganza". After the show, there were some awesome fireworks. (Awesome according to AJ - the TV program ended when they started.) That's a lot of boy scouts!

No comments: