Saturday, July 31, 2010

Poor Ralph - He only got a little bit of the cobbler! It was too hot when I took it out of the oven for him to eat (not to mention late in the evening) so I took the large pan of cobbler in to work. Ralph told me to, really! He said I could share at work, and he would just have what was left over, since the three of us didn't need to eat that much cobbler. Here is what was left after taking it to work:



Just enough for one large bowl of cobbler with ice cream for dessert. I guess Mom's recipe was a good one!

After dinner, I took the girls for a walk - and for a chance to scope out the blackberry bushes out in the back field. I am way too late for them, they are covered in dried blackberries. Next year, I'll pick from my (almost) backyard! I did pick about 2 cups of them, but they aren't nearly as large and sweet as the ones from Meredith's secret spot.

No comments: