Monday, July 12, 2010

I'm on vacation! I don't have to go to work today! Of course, I still got up at my normal time, and got Alli up, showered and dressed. Ralph is taking her in to daycare for me, so I have the day free! Free to clean carpets, finish the laundry, etc.

I did get a project mostly completed yesterday - new contact paper in my kitchen cupboards, but more importantly, cleaning them out of things I don't use! I got the pots and pans cupboards done, and the other cupboards are not as bad. That cupboard has a 'black hole' back in the corner - quite a few things found their way back there that I forgot I even had, much less where they were! I have some boxes for the rummage sale now, and more room in my cupboards!




Here is 'Dyslexia' at work! Ralph likes the new name, since he is the one that is trying to read most of the time. She does the same thing with newspapers.



I actually made a doily this weekend. Since it has been so hot in the afternoons, I have been just sitting around (in the air conditioning) crocheting. This was an easy doily (once I actually read the directions instead of glancing at them and relying on my (poor) memory.) It cups a bit, but blocking was able to pull it out.



Rufus has decided the best place to hide from Picot is the laundry basket under the fan. That way he is protected, and cool!



Solar kitty at rest. We decided she has two speeds - on and off. She is either running around madly, or sleeping. She was playing with the toy when the off mode took over. No need to worry though - she is soaking up the solar power and will be ready to go in just a few minutes!

No comments: