Sunday, June 27, 2010

The summer has arrived - we had our first day of over 100 degree temps. Not bad for the end of June! More hot days are on the horizon - they are forecasting 105 for today. And I have to drive to Sacramento - lovely! I'll be on the sunny side of the car both ways. AJ is supposed to be be done by 2:00, but it might be earlier, so I am planning on leaving around 9:00, and taking my crochet and a book. You'll find me sitting in the shade somewhere, waiting. I'll be busy though - take a look at this little flip-flops I made last night - too cute!



I still have some more baby things I want to get made, so will be focusing on them for a while.

It was definitely hot yesterday - poor Rufus camped out under the ceiling fan in the dining room.



Alli and I went for a swim before dinner - very cooling! Ralph even got in with us - not that he does a lot of swimming, but he floated around with us, and Alli and I splashed him.

Ralph's niece called this morning - her daughter Loren died last night. It was very sudden, and of unknown causes. Poor Kathy! Loren was in her mid 30's (I think - She will always be a shy teenager to me.) developmentally disabled, and lived separately from her mom.

No comments: