Monday, June 28, 2010

Repeat of yesterday - It's hot! I think it was 105 yesterday - hot! I got an early (as usual) start to my day and got the laundry done and hanging on the line before I dashed off to Sacramento. While I was hanging my last load, I realized the swamp cooler was making an odd noise (this was about 9:00 a.m. - it had probably been making it for a while, but it didn't register!) Ralph came out and took a look at it, and it wasn't getting any water - no wonder it was so hot in the house the day before! Ralph and Alli took a trip to town while I ran down to Sacramento. All fixed! I don't know that is was that much cooler in the house last night, but the swamp can only do so much when it gets over 100. Alli and I did go for a refreshing swim in the late afternoon - lovely!

What happens when you don't fold the towels before you leave? They become a bed! Picot loves the clean towel basket - and I have to admit, of all the clean clothes that I fold immediately - towels are the one thing I will let sit! I don't care if they wrinkle! Everything else is folded and put away as soon as I take it out of the drier (okay - usually)



I finished up a project I started 6 weeks ago - and it wasn't that big a project! It is about 7 inches across - and isn't that pretty! It is a pattern that is part of a 'challenge' series - and I needed to finish it - just to make it go away! I have so many WIP's (Works in Process) right now - I need to finish up a few, before I start anything else! (Like that is going to happen, I know!) At least this one is done!



I also 'almost' finished another couple of pairs of baby booties - little sandals that just need the ends woven in and buttons put on for closing, and another set of flip-flops (these are completely done). I have one more baby hat I want to make as well, and then ship off the package to the expectant mother. One more project (almost) done!

No comments: