Saturday, June 26, 2010

It's Saturday! And I don't have to do anything! No appointments, no meetings, no running around! I do need to go to the grocery store, clean house, pull weeds, work in the yard, etc. but - if I don't get it done, that's okay.

I took off work yesterday at noon and drove AJ and another scout down to Sacramento for a weekend camping trip - the last before they go to Jamboree next month. I have to go pick them up on Sunday. It was a nice drive - a bit quiet - both boys listened to their music on the way down. I can't believe it is just a month until AJ is off to Jamboree - 2 weeks of touring the East Coast and camping (with 40,000+ other scouts) at Jamboree. The summer is flying by!

I made an impulse buy the other day, and am so glad I did! I found the pattern for baby flip flops - which are perfect for summer babies in Redding! Just too cute! These are ready to go to Stephanie (who is due in August, and got the safari afghan) and I need to whip up some more for a couple of other babies I know. A co-worker has a brand new granddaughter coming to visit in a couple of weeks, and I am planning on making a couple of pairs - embellished with flowers and beads - I can hardly wait!



Picot has been rescued once again from Haven Humane - Ralph picked her up after she got spayed yesterday. Poor baby! Both of them! Ralph took Alli with him to pick up the cat, and Alli wasn't happy about getting out of the car. While he was listening to the lady give instructions about the care and feeding of Picot, Alli slipped out the door when someone else was leaving, and Ralph turned around, and Alli was gone! Panic mode! Poor guy! Alli had walked across the parking lot and was getting into the car by the time he caught up with her. Both are doing well now - though we laughed at the instructions that said "keep your pet calm and quiet for 10 days". We couldn't keep her calm and quiet for 10 minutes! She is officially ours now - we finally got her adopted.

No comments: