Tuesday, June 08, 2010

It figures! I procrastinated long enough that I now have a deadline looming! Stephanie's shower is this weekend, and I have the afghan finished (except for finishing - I need to put the tails on the giraffes) and I started the giraffe toy a couple of weeks ago. The toy went very quickly, so it kind of got put aside for other stuff (like reading, watching TV and baseball games, cleaning, sleeping, etc.) and now - I've got to get it done before Friday! Worse than that, I went to finish it Sunday night, and.....I ran out of yarn! Only one leg left, and it is two inches short! When I think of all the long ends I left on all the other pieces, just to make sure I had enough to sew everything together, I could just scream! So, yesterday, after a long (and stressful) day at work, I ran over to Michael's and picked up some more yarn. I still didn't work on it last night - too tired to concentrate after dinner.



It won't take long to finish it, but....tonight is scout's, and I need to bake a birthday cake tonight, so I won't work on it tonight, so that leaves me just Wednesday and Thursday night to get everything finished and wrapped up. And I was ahead of schedule, too! Maybe next time!

No comments: