Sunday, May 02, 2010

Yesterday was a beautiful spring day, and I got too much sun! Alli had a game at 9:00, and it was already getting warm by the end of the game. AJ had a game at 1:30, but the wind had picked up, so it was a little cool in the shade. I should have stayed cool! I have a nice sunburn on my arms, legs and neck from watching his game! It wasn't even his team playing! His coach has two teams, and his other team was short on players, so he called a couple of AJ's team members in to help out. They lost 6-3, but since they had no one on the team that had every played as a goalie before, they did pretty good! The team players kept reminding the goalie he could pick up the ball - poor kid 10+ years of being told to never touch the ball with his hands, and then for one day, he is supposed to! The game was close most of the game - 4-3 until the last couple of minutes.

Alli decided she wanted to go swimming yesterday. I told her over and over that it wasn't nearly warm enough to swim, but, as usual, she never listens to me! I put her in a suit, and let her go, thinking she would get her toes wet and want out.


She crept in a little at a time. I think she waited until each new part got numb, and then would move on to another step.



At one point, she was standing on a step, bending over and splashing in the water, and she lost her balance, and in she went! Then, since she was already wet, she really did go swim! I really wish I had the camera out at that point!

No comments: