Sunday, May 09, 2010

I woke up to rain this morning. I was hoping for another nice day, maybe a nice walk or hike somewhere, but...I woke up to the rain. It didn't rain long, but it is clouding and cool today. Mom left this morning, hoping it wasn't snowing up in the mountains. Before she left, I took her in flower shopping with me. I am plant impaired, and am just sticking with petunias this year, I think. I may branch out and get a few other hardy plants, but...petunias are very forgiving!

Alli got her hair cut yesterday - just in time for summer! It felt so nice this morning to run a comb through it and be done! It is very cute, but I think I need to work on the styling. She had one side flipping under and one side flipping out yesterday. She laughed and giggled all the way through the hair cut, so we may be able to keep it styled this time. I cute it short a couple of years ago, and she didn't really like to sit and have it cut every few weeks, so I let it grow out again.





We're still waiting for the kitten to choose a name for herself. I thought for a while yesterday we wouldn't need to! I took Alli in for her hair cut, and then picked up AJ in town (he spent the night at a friends) and came home to an empty house - empty of people and kittens at least. Mom and Ralph had gone garage sale-ing (huge neighborhood garage sale this weekend) and the dogs had opened the sliding screen door. The back door was open, the dogs were inside, and no kittens in sight. Anywhere. Period. AJ and I hunted high and low inside and out. Ralph and Mom hunted inside and out. Everywhere. No kitten. We had convinced ourselves that she wouldn't have gone outside, so she must still be in the house.....somewhere! We had been inside for probably an hour after giving up on finding her, and she woke up from her napping spot and demanded petting and food. She had climbed up in between my plants behind the couch (Mom and I both swear we looked there!) and had been napping the whole time. She is so tiny when she sleeps - she curls up into a little tiny ball of fluff.

No comments: