Friday, May 21, 2010

I think my Memorial Day Weekend plans have been put on hold. Mom called last night, and the 10 day forecast for Crescent City is rain, rain, and more rain. You know, there are places that I don't mind being when it is raining (Hawaii!) but Crescent City is not one of them. It isn't a particularly warm place even in the height of summer - which is one of the reasons I like to go there when it is 118 here. This was supposed to be the trial run of Mom's new RV, but....one of these days, I know it will stop raining. I don't know when though. We are scheduled for rain and clouds for the next 10 days ourselves.

My garden, that my brother so thoughtfully rototilled for me, is still unplanted. It is still raining, and cold. We had a low of 39 yesterday - I don't think my tomato plants would be happy out there yet. (I heard somewhere that they do better if you wait until it is consistently above 50 degrees.) I could probably get my bean seeds in the ground, but I don't think they are going to germinate too well yet either.

Picot (the new kitten) has settled in to the house quite nicely. She has made friends with both dogs, and is playing with Rufus. I don't know that Rufus is playing back too well, but he seems to enjoy her. When she gets too out of hand, he just gives her 'the look' and she backs off. He seems a bit 'dignified' when he plays with her. Too cute! I am sure she has grown some since she got here, but she is still very tiny.

No comments: