Saturday, May 15, 2010

I guess I need to start taking more risks (for me) with Allison! She seemed to have a great time at the breakfast yesterday. There were over 10,000 people fed between 5:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m., and I think most of them were there when we were! First, we waited at the bank for about 15 minutes, and Alli spun in circles. Then we walked a few blocks (yes, with no protesting!) and stood in a fairly fast moving line for 20 + minutes. Finally, she got pancakes!

She was happy the whole time, with two exceptions. When we turned the corner while standing in line and she saw everyone sitting at tables eating, and she wasn't, the smiles went away. Once we turned the corner, and she wasn't looking at them, the smiles came back. Then, when we had shuffled through the 'airport security' type of line up to the front, and she could see the Asphalt Cowboys actually making the pancakes, and she didn't have any, the smiles went away again. Luckily, the line moved pretty fast, so she got pancakes soon after that. She did so good!
she not only had her pancakes, she had half of mine too! Talk about a sticky mess! I had brought a wet washcloth with me, so I cleaned her up a little bit at least before I dropped her off at daycare - just in time to catch the bus!

AJ seems to be completely recovered from his last heart episode, except I think it scared him. He has elected not to play soccer until he talks with the cardiologist again, which won't be until next Friday. He was feeling pretty good about playing soccer before this last episode. I think both of us were hoping it was just a fluke. Since it happened again, he is more worried about it happening while he is playing. Poor kid! He mentioned in the ER that he wants "the surgery", so we'll see what the cardiologist and the electrophysiologist have to say. Since Ralph took him to the first Cardiologist appointment, I'm not really in the loop yet.

No comments: