Monday, April 12, 2010

What a dark and stormy weekend! Yesterday, I did very little - watched TV, did laundry and crocheted! I didn't even make it to church. We got almost an inch of rain so far out of this storm, and more to come. What a change from last week - sunny and warm!

Mom and Freda came down last week - Mom is shopping for an RV. I took Tuesday afternoon off, and we ran all over Shasta County looking. We started in Anderson, and found the best option for her up by Shasta Lake City. The price wasn't right on that RV, but at least we know what we are looking for now. Not too bad for one afternoon!

After shopping, we took Freda down to the Sundial Bridge. She had seen it from the highway, but had not been across it. Lucky for us, it was also "free Tuesday" for the Arboretum. (It was probably a free day for the museum too, but we didn't get that far.) I had not been into the Arboretum myself, so we took a nice little walk through. It is very pretty! Unusual for me, I didn't bring my camera, but I did bring my cell phone. I took a few pictures with my phone, and I am very surprised at how well they turned out! I forget that the cell phones now have as good a camera as my first digital camera. I am just spoiled by my 'real' camera.



There is a sculpture along the main path titled "The sound of water" (I think - relying on memory here - work with me!) It had three different waterfalls - all lovely. At the base are ponds that will be quite lively with gold fish - when it warms up. We saw one large carp, and the rest are all baby feeders - and they are all huddled up together to keep warm.

I did go in yesterday and pick up yarn for my next baby afghan, and got it started. The base of the afghan is 80 rows of double crochet, 120 stitches wide. After the base is made, you crochet a tree and a giraffe and a few other things and applique them on. The base afghan is boring! I got about 18 rows done yesterday, so it is started. Good thing the baby isn't due until August! The pattern has a matching pillow and toy giraffe, so if I have time, I want to make them too. We'll see how enthusiastic I am after I get the afghan done!

No comments: