Sunday, April 11, 2010

Here are pictures of the finished baby afghan. It is done corner to corner, and I really like how the pattern worked up.



Here is one of my 'mystery' patterns from a Yahoo! group - I turned stars into bookmarks. I used worsted weight yarn for the blue one - too big - cotton yard for the red one - too bulky - and white size 10 for the white on - too small. I think if I used a larger size thread (3 or 5) it would be better. I think I have some size 5 with a pearl thread through it that I used for snowflakes - I'll have to give it a try!



A couple of friends are cleaning out their house - and I am the beneficiary! Both Kimberly and Michelle gave me a ton of yarn! Michelle had 19 large skeins of gray and white yarn, and Kimberly had an eclectic assortment.



She has a baby afghan almost done - I need to get the pattern from her and finish it up - just a few more squares, and it would be large enough for a cute car-seat afghan.

No comments: