Thursday, April 01, 2010

Finally! I can post a picture of a doily I made earlier this month! One of the Yahoo! groups that I am on has a 'traveling hook' game going. There is one crochet hook that is set to a person on the list. They make a small project with the hook, and pass the hook and project on to someone else on the list. I received this doily from Greece:



Then, I made this doily with the hook, and sent it on to the East Coast:



The pattern is very old - from a book of patterns that cost 10 cents! (You know it was an old pattern book!!) Done in the variegated purple, it reminded me of violets and springtime. I loved the doily, and so wanted to post a picture of it, but....it was a secret until it arrived at its destination, which it did yesterday. The receiving party said she loved it too, so...success! I have another doily that I made this month, but it is still a secret....until after the 7th of April. Then I can post a picture of it!

No comments: