Sunday, March 28, 2010

Yesterday was a flying trip to Sacramento! Alli and I got up nice and early and went to the grocery store in the morning, and Kimberly came by around 10:00, and off we went! This weekend was a mandatory camp out for the scouts going to Jamboree this summer, and Ralph took AJ and Kimberly's son Dylan down to Sacramento on Friday. The parents had a mandatory meeting at 3:00 on Saturday, so.....Kimberly and I drove down Saturday! That's a lot of miles in one weekend, and I am very glad Ralph did the Friday drive!

Kimberly needed to pick up some supplies for her store in Sac while we were down, so we left early, and had a fun trip - it was nice to have someone to talk to on the drive! The actual camp site is beautiful - Camp Pollock Pines on the American River - very close to downtown Sacramento. The weather was beautiful - I think I sunburned my nose during the meeting! The meeting itself was a waste of time, but I guess we had to pick up AJ anyway. The drive back was uneventful - the boys slept all of it - good thing Kimberly was there to talk to!

We got in from Sac about 7:00 - and then AJ and I went in to town to pick up two of his friends. AJ has a project for physics, and the three of them are working on it today. I didn't eat dinner until 8:30 last night - way too late! Today, AJ already has plans with Ralph to go shopping for the 'stuff' they need for the project. Of course, they haven't made any plans yet, so - this morning is the planning and then shopping. Ralph and three teenage boys! I think Alli and I will stay home!

I mentioned it was beautiful weather yesterday, but Thursday, we had a hail storm go through - lots of it! This is from my office - before the rain melted it:



I finished up a small doily - about7 inches across. It turned out pretty nice!

No comments: