Sunday, February 07, 2010

I've felt a bit 'off' lately - minimal blogging, minimal anything! I hope I can get back to 'normal' soon. Services for Dad were Saturday, and I spent the weekend with the family - every one! Ralph drove up with AJ, Alli and me, along with both dogs, Koori and Jasper. Add that to Ronna and Joe, Jeff, Kirby, Kody, Kolby and Jake, and Sarah and David already at Mom's with Chessie, Roxie and Einstein. Talk about a full house! If you add in Mom's cats, I think we were almost even animals to people! (since George (the cat) thinks of himself as human, people probably outnumbered the animals, but it was hard to tell!)

Services were good - solemn upstairs, lots of laughter downstairs afterwards. The slide show that Ronna put together with all the pictures was well received, and the chance to see Dad at all the different stages of his life was good. Baby pictures to pictures taken just a few months ago were on the show. Ronna spent a lot of time cleaning up some of the older pictures, and then gave me copies of them, too! Even AJ said it wasn't as sad as he thought it was going to be! Alli, while not a perfect angel during the services, was good. I thought I had brought 'quiet toys' for her to play with, but it was so quiet during the services that you could hear her playing with them. She only clapped once before Ralph and I each grabbed a hand even. Not too bad! It could have been so much worse! Ralph did take her out to the car from the reception before I was ready to leave, and she took a short nap while they were waiting for me.

Weather was a little iffy going over, according to the road reports, but it turned out to be a nice drive. We hit some weather around Bogard, but even that wasn't bad.

No comments: