Thursday, February 25, 2010

It's been another typical busy week - and nothing really to show for it! AJ has been replaced as the Sr. Patrol Leader in Scouts, so now he is back in the rank and files - which is nice for him - he had been SPL for almost two years - a long time! Now, if he can just focus on his Eagle Project, and gt it done!

I have plans this year to climb Mt. Lassen again on Labor Day weekend (my 49th birthday!), so have been trying to set aside some time to actually start working out, so I fare a little better this time. I got the Wii Fit Plus for Christmas, and have started using it (again) to 'do something'. It is hard to find the time to do it though! I did some yoga last night to stretch out my back and neck muscles (very sore!) in between getting dinner ready. I did a 1-2 minute exercise, ran into the kitchen and stir/ flip or turn something, and ran back and do another exercise, then ran back into the kitchen. I probably got more exercise from the running back and forth! The yoga stretches do seem to help my neck and shoulder though - too much sitting at the desk staring at the computer! The Wii wants me to lose 10+ pounds, but I would be happy with loosing 5 pounds and keeping it off. AJ does the exercises with me, too! I actually can jog for 12 minutes - which adds up to 0.7 miles (I run on the treadmill.) I hope to increase this time, and increase the incline, so I am ready for the 20% grade at Lassen!

No comments: