Thursday, February 18, 2010

I went to my first Ash Wednesday Services last night - I expected more people, thinking it would be more like Christmas and Easter - packed with those that just come on those days. Instead it was a very small, intimate service - very nice!

Before I left last night, I put dinner in the oven for Ralph to serve the kids. I stole the recipe from Mom (chicken with stuffing mix baked over the top). One of her neighbors had brought a similar casserole by her place after Dad died, and Allison loved it. It seems she liked Mom's version too! Ralph said she ate it like it was better than mashed potatoes, and we know how much she loves her mashed potatoes! I tried Mom's recipe for Chicken Pot Pie earlier in the week, but lacked the same success. Ralph loved it, but neither Alli nor AJ would touch it. Alli even went to bed hungry rather than eat it! (She didn't go to bed hungry, really! One reason she probably didn't eat it was because she had had too many snacks before dinner, and she was tired and cranky already, and fell asleep right after she got up from the table while watching TV.) Oh well, one more recipe to add to my 'keepers' at least!

No comments: