Sunday, December 13, 2009

Hmmmmm. How many things get to go wrong before you officially call it a 'bad day'? It started out okay (and keep in mind it is not even 6:00 a.m. here!) but early. Alli was up before 5:00 a.m. - early even for her, much less on a weekend for me! I decided to go ahead and get my day started, so I sorted all the clothes and started the laundry - and realized I forgot to put the soap in for the first load. OK - it is still early here, I just need my coffee!

While the coffee was brewing, I fired up the computer. After I poured myself a cup of coffee, I sat down to check e-mails and blog, etc. I had one line of bright light running vertically on my screen. I think we lost the monitor. One more calamity/purchase needed (and there have been quite a few of those lately!). Luckily, AJ has a computer, and there is no way he is up at 6:00 a.m., so I jumped on it to do the aforementioned things. As I did so, I moved his chair and hit myself in the ankle with a wheel. Is it a bad day yet????

I did get my Christmas cards done yesterday. I even finished up a scarf last night, except for the fringe on it. Not too bad! We'll see what I can accomplish today! I hope to get some of the sewing done. If I could whip out a couple of hats, I think I can manage the rest of the season. I have yet to make a list out of things I need to do, because it is so scary in black and white! shopping and wrapping and baking and cleaning and trips to Salvation Army (to clean out the piles and boxes I have been storing my the garage) and..... so much more!

I was planning a trip to Susanville while I was on vacation, but the weather is not cooperating. We got over 3/4 on an inch of rain here in this last storm so far, and Mom said they were forecasting 1-2 feet of snow last night on top of her existing foot of snow. I have 4 wheel drive, but....that is for getting out of trouble, not to go looking for it! The roads will be a mess right now. Yesterday it warmed up enough in Susanville for the snow to start melting, and then of course, will have frozen last night, so now there is a mix of ice covered by snow. Yuck! I don't think I will try to go over the mountain just now.

Dad is doing okay - not great, but okay. He actually isn't doing much at all. He gets up, eats, sits in his chair and watches TV, eats and sleeps, and goes to bed. He is not doing his physical therapy. He can't even change the TV channels - Mom switched providers while he was gone, and he can't run the remote. (I admit, different remotes are tricky, and the DirecTV remote is not the easiest one I have seen - not particularly user friendly. I do love the DVR part of it though!)

No comments: